Sunday, January 25, 2009

Keekoo Designs: A Spectacular Shopping Experience

I would be remiss if I signed off from the blog without giving a quick plug to my favourite boutique in Addis Ababa: Keekoo Designs. Keekoo Designs is a company owned by a local Ethiopian entrepreneur and specializes in designing scarves, gaabis (traditional Ethiopian blankets), shawls, and ponchos of the highest quality in a myriad of colours, fabrics, and textures. Keekoo is the epitome of the perfect shopping experience: amazing location, wonderful staff, exquisite quality merchandise and the willingness to work closely with the customer to design tailor-made items! I bought a few blankets, shawls and scarves for my family in India and the owner invited me to design the goods that she would then custom make (at the very same price) for me to take to my family in India!

I picked up the items yesterday and they are amazing! I highly recommend that you visit Keekoo Designs when you are in Addis. I have heard that the owner might soon set up a website and take online orders with shipping / delivery to locales around the world. I highly recommend Keekoo for innovative, quality products - Simply superb!