Monday, September 8, 2008

Friday Night At the Movies

For those of you who know me – I am a bit of a movie fan – I love seeing movies and I love everything associated with movies – film festivals, awards shows etc. In fact, in my last job, there was a group of lawyers that used to go to the movies every Friday night.

So, this past Friday night, on my first month anniversary in Addis, we went to a movie at the Edna Mall Cinema – It was called Married Life and had a fantastic cast including Chris Cooper, Patricia Clarkson, Rachel McAdams and Pierce Brosnan. It was an indie film and we were all really surprised it would be showing in international markets. It was a pretty short movie, but it was really good – a very dark sense of humour and it was set in the 40s or 50s I think. The movie, in English, had Arabic and French subtitles. We are hoping to go and see an Amharic movie in a few weeks with one of our landlord’s kids who really likes movies (Abel). I will keep you posted!